Skyline Exhibits Alberta in Calgary, Alberta is recruiting an Exhibit/Graphic/Industrial designer to join our team. We are looking for a highly creative and motivated designer to work in our creative and design department. We are seeking someone with significant strengths in graphic design, large format print production, 3D design and tradeshow exhibit design. Our central business is in the supply and execution of corporate displays & trade shows. We also have produced a wide variety of custom displays, educational interactives and community outreach mobile displays.
The designer will plan, create, and produce exhibit designs using computer graphics software packages or other mediums. May be involved in designing and/or providing assets for marketing materials. A significant portion of the position will require a strong knowledge of art production in several mediums including large format print, vinyl cutting, and CNC sign routing. The successful candidate will be expected to migrate confidently into a 3D CAD environment specifically using Blender.
Skyline is a thriving fast paced professional environment that requires creative, flexible and motivated individuals that can adhere to tight deadlines.
• Consults with clients on communications needs.
• Create graphic designs for corporate clients that are in-tune with their individual design language and standards
• Designs and produce exhibit images using computer-based and traditional design methods to meet client standards and deadlines.
• Conceptualize and produce final designs using Blender (CAD)
• Present designs clearly and effectively to the internal team and client.
• Coordinates with related agencies on image needs.
• Works under moderate supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Presents designs to client for approval
• Archives electronic production files.
• Manage showroom displays, internal marketing collateral, and website content.
• Performs related work as assigned.
Required Work Experience / Skills / Attributes
• 3 – 5 years’ experience working for a custom exhibit company is an asset.
• Strong software skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender and InDesign.
• Ability to create hand drawn sketches and drawings when needed.
• Understanding of large format graphics, vinyl files & computerized sign making processes.
• Experience in the operation of graphic design workstations and equipment.
• Experience designing 3-D environments is an asset
• Organizational skills: ability to plan, organize and monitor activities.
• Verbal communication skills: Ability to get the intended message across. Ability to listen effectively.
• Problem-solving/troubleshooting: Ability to identify problems, recognize symptoms and causes and alternative solutions.
• Willingness to take constructive criticism from clients and design team.
• Ability to work independently
• Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and be able to travel from time to time
• You should be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment with a professional and positive attitude.
Monday to Friday
Some overtime on specific occasions
Degree in graphic design / industrial design or equivalent experience.
Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Basic familiarity with graphic production methods
We are located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Work location is in-person at our Calgary Office